CLICK BELOW FOR 15% OFF
JOIN THE DISCUSSION
Initially launched in May of 2020, FlashSEC is a cutting-edge, cloud-based platform that will streamline your SEC filings research and dramatically reduce the amount of time you spend researching tickers for dilution. While FlashSEC is a tool that can be used to research all stocks, it’s particularly useful for small cap traders who invest a considerable amount of time reading filings.
|Included||Generates easy-to-read reports with SEC filing details and fundamental data such as float, institutional ownership, etc., multi-ticker search functionality, links to sec.gov for all filings, custom watchlists|
|Subscriptions||Monthly and annual plans|
|Coupon Code||Click link above for 15% off|
FlashSEC is still a relatively new platform and the developers are doing a good job of building upon the software’s core functionality. New features and improvements are rolled out regularly and the developers are very attentive to user feedback.
In the following sections, we’ll take a look at the platform’s key features…
FlashSEC features a minimalist design that is super clean and extremely easy-to-use. Unlike many financial apps, FlashSEC’s clutter-free layout gets straight to the point and reduces the time you spend trying to find what you need (which is the whole idea behind the software).
FlashSEC gives users the ability to search multiple tickers at once, displaying the reports a user is interested in reading on a single page. This is a huge time-saver whenever you’re doing pre-market research and allows you to quickly narrow down your watchlist for the day.
FlashSEC generates well-organized reports that instantly provide you with the details needed to make better trading decisions. FlashSEC automatically analyzes filings, retrieves important data, and aggregates the following information into neatly organized reports that save traders a significant amount of research time:
- Share structure information (market cap, shares outstanding, float, short float %, float % held by institutions, institutional ownership, number of institutions holding shares, insider ownership, authorized shares)
- Financial information (filings, cash equivalents, burn rate, operating expenses, estimated months of cash remaining, current assets, current liabilities, working capital, total assets, total liabilities, total revenues)
- Conversion prices
- Warrant prices
- Liquidity and capital resources
- Active shelf registrations (S-3/F-3)
- Shelf registrations pending effect (S-3/F-3)
- Active registration statements (S-1/F-1)
- Registration statements pending effect (S-1/F-1)
- Recent news from current reports
Additionally, FlashSEC links each filing directly to SEC.gov so you can go directly to the source document with a single click.
FlashSEC users also have access to a handy quick start guide listing commonly-used filing terms along with their definitions. This is a helpful resource for traders who are just getting started in the world of SEC filings research.
In the future, we’d love to see a more comprehensive SEC filings training module added to the members’ area and we’ve been told that this is being considered. In the meantime, we highly recommend ChicagoTrader’s excellent Fundamental Analysis Series which is available to all members of the MyInvestingClub community.
FlashSEC also provides users with the ability to create a custom watchlist which saves a lot of time if there are certain tickers that you research regularly. After creating your watchlist, you can instantly pull up reports for each of the tickers with a single click.
In January of 2021, watchlist email alert functionality was added to the platform which allows users to receive real-time email updates whenever new filings are released. This is an optional feature that can be easily toggled on and off.
Another new feature added to FlashSEC in 2021 is the Live SEC Feed page. This is a great new addition to the platform which allows traders to monitor filing activity in real-time throughout the trading day. The details provided include:
- Link to filing on SEC.gov
A staple in my investing toolbox…
Gives me what I need and gets to the point. Love it, and is now a staple in my investing toolbox.
A huge time-saver…
A huge time-saver for traders who research filings on a daily basis. This tool produces very nice reports and the multi-ticker search feature allows you to research all of the stocks on your watchlist with a single click.
Submit a Review
Have you used FlashSEC? If so, please let other traders know what you think about the platform.
Pricing + FlashSEC Coupon Code
Currently, there are two subscription plans offered for FlashSEC:
The monthly plan is great for new traders and those on a budget as it gives you access to the entire platform without any large upfront fees. At the moment, the cost of the monthly plan is $49.99 and there’s a free 7-day trial included.
For those who can afford a larger upfront payment, FlashSEC’s yearly plan offers the best deal. Priced at $499, the annual plan works out to just $41.58 per month.
FlashSEC Review Video: Platform Overview
*CLICK BUTTON FOR SPECIAL 15% DISCOUNT
Yes, there is currently a 7-day free trial offer available for FlashSEC.
Pros and Cons
- Extremely easy to use
- Streamlines research and saves time
- Provides a concise summary of fundamental data and important filing details
- Ongoing development with regularly added new features
- Ability to create custom watchlists
- Fast results (even when searching multiple tickers)
- Very responsive customer support
- May be expensive for newer traders (although signing up for the annual subscription and using the promo code TRADINGREVIEWERS reduce the cost significantly)
- Custom watchlist and multi-ticker searches are currently limited to five stocks
FlashSEC is a great tool for traders of all types and experience levels. Especially helpful for small cap traders who read filings daily in search of dilution, FlashSEC streamlines the research process and reduces the amount of time required to comb through financial data.